a lot of water moving really fast.

January 23, 2007

Waking Up


I love my children. Absolutley.


I also like to sleep and do what I want...which can conflict with my other above-mentioned love.

What do you do? Well, historically I have complained, grumbled, gotten upset, smiled and gotten up at Arwen's AM chirping and grunting.


Two days ago I had a little lesson. The staccato burst of our one year old's gfrowing voice broke the moring air. I lay there eyes open thinking...another cry. I know it's my job to get up. Marci does the night watch, I'm supposed to get up now. Come on, get up now. My body doesn't move. I lay there, eyes open thinking. Marci says something. Okay!


Like a flash it comes. Righteousness! That's what I need. I thought about Ecclesiastes and the message it has.


It is good for a man to find joy in his work. This is a gift from God. I'm thinking now. Yea, what am I wanting to sleep in for? This is my place for joy. Righteousness! Doing the right things from a right heart. Righteousness will bring peace and joy.


Will the covers over my head and a little grumble, grumble get me more rest? NO!

Will a check in my attitude and a littleHoly Spirit infused strength and prayer get me runnin'? YES!


Righteousness is what we need from waking up to going back to sleep. I'm telling you!

4 comments:

Marci Lewellen said...

I love that my husband loves righteousness ... I get more sleep :)

Ryan said...

is this seriously The Richard Lewellen? Man, it's nice to hear your words, even if i must read them off of my computer screen. We must reconnect. We've lived a lot of life since we last spoke. hit me up with your digits.

ryan@movingstability.com

Anonymous said...

I am shocked to see your words on the page! It is good to know that Richard Lewellen in out there where we can contact him. You need to send me a message some time. dirklittlefield[at]yahoo.com As Ryan said we've lived a lot of life and do need to catch up--Dirk Littlefield

James said...

Hi Richard, it is Julie (Erickson) Paquette. Stumbled across your blog page...great to see the family, the kids look just like you! Our family has a web page too!
www.jamesandjuliepaquette.com

P.S. We live in the same neighborhood as Jen (Peterson)Richardson and Halim Suh and others from A&M in Manor, TX!

About Me

Someimtes I feel like I was made for distant lands and agricultural awareness. You know, the kind of guy that carries a machete and fights bad guys all in the name of God.