a lot of water moving really fast.

October 08, 2006

The Lord's Prayer

I've been experimenting with actually praying the Lord's prayer. His guys saw him praying and then said to themselves, "He really seems to get answers..."

They asked, "Could you teach us to pray?"

This is a beautiful thing to me because the disciples are REGULAR people like I am a regular people. They asked if it was possible for them to be taught to pray in some way that measured upto what they saw in Jesus.

Jesus answers, "Yes, say this..."

The rest of what he said is now called the Lord's Prayer. It actually works as a prayer. You can go to CCEL.org and pull up a massive 238 pages on the Lord's Prayer by Thomas Watson, a Puritan concerned to teach people the "basics".

I'm in love with the idea of actually learning to pray in such a way that Jesus' otherwise outrageous statements become true of my life.

"Ask anything in my name and it will be given to you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice rhyme on that last one. soul junks gotta new one coming out...sometime.

check this out man.
its me.

myspace.com/mustardmountain

About Me

Someimtes I feel like I was made for distant lands and agricultural awareness. You know, the kind of guy that carries a machete and fights bad guys all in the name of God.