a lot of water moving really fast.

May 16, 2006

Finally


Sometimes a race seems here just to be over.

Have you ever done something or gone somewhere just to get it over with?

I remember oh way back when in ma school days when I would show up to school just so I could get it done and go home. I went to leave. I'm thinking that this is not a very good life strategy for Jesus students.


He will never bless anything but my life. He will not and cannot bless my expectation of life. He deals with me where I am. That means I cannot sit around and wait to have everything different before the "action" picks up. I'll always have stuff I have to do, people I have to help, places I have to go, or something that just needs to go away. Well, if I don't just suck it up and learn how to live with Jesus and a fiery passion in the midst of day to day grind then there's no learning.

4 comments:

Marci Lewellen said...

don't worry honey... summer is almost here and there will be more time and sleep for the helping to learn :)

Joel said...

That's a fantastic statement! Thank you for that!

And, thank you soooo much for letting us stay at your house. You have been such a blessing to us!

~Joel

Marci Lewellen said...

i am ready for a new post

sarah said...

yeah i think i am too

About Me

Someimtes I feel like I was made for distant lands and agricultural awareness. You know, the kind of guy that carries a machete and fights bad guys all in the name of God.